About Me

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
I don't endorse any brands for money. I am just genuinely passionate about products that work well and are worth investing on. I was inspired to blog because I have found so many advice and tips that have helped me greatly through reading blogs. Now it is my time to give back by sharing my secrets and great finds :D. I hope it helps you too :)

Friday, 24 May 2013

Exfoliator: Cure Natural Aqua Gel + Best Dupe: Daiso Peeling Gel Water Pack Jelly

Cure Natural Aqua Gel is one of those exfoliators you either extremely love or hate. People love it for the squeaky clean feeling and the residue of 'dead skin' that is visible after application. Personally, I am not 100% convinced it is dead skin, but am still satisfied with the clean feeling it leaves on your skin.
Cons:
The only extreme downside is that it costs a lot of money.
Cure Natural Aqua Gel only comes in one size and so you are forced to purchase 250ml of product and pay from $40 (from ebay) and more. I paid $60 at the time in a store in Melbourne which sold products imported from Japan. Because of this, many people are hesitant to try it.
Note: I didn't want to provide a picture of mine because it has been extremely used and abused and is not photogenic :(.

Fortunately, I have managed to find a great dupe which is a fraction of the price: $2.80 for 50ml of product!
Daiso's Peeling Gel: Water Pack Jelly also known as Ellefar Peeling Gel. Once again I have managed to find a great dupe from Daiso. I found this one by accident in the Daiso store in Haymarket (such a convenient location to drop by and visit).

This product is more translucent and a little thicker in consistency in comparison to the Cure Natural Aqua Gel.


What you can see in the photos above is that lighting and angles can make a big effect on how you look on camera! By looking at the before and after shots, it looks like it's a tanning gel! Haha! The photo on the left is Daiso's Peeling Gel on my hand and on the right is the residue of 'dead skin' that is left on my hand after rubbing the product in for about 1 minute.
Although it's a little different in those aspects, I find the results are the same. So now there's less to lose. Give it a try ;). 



4 comments:

  1. Hi! Thank you for your comment on my blog! :) I wish I can find this one in the Philippines, or in ebay. Cure Natural Aqua gel is really expensive for me.. especially in our country.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's an ebay link! :)

      http://www.ebay.com/itm/251521703371?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting. So it's an exfoliator. All along I thought it was peeling mask. Thank you ��

    ReplyDelete