About Me

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
I don't endorse any brands for money. I am just genuinely passionate about products that work well and are worth investing on. I was inspired to blog because I have found so many advice and tips that have helped me greatly through reading blogs. Now it is my time to give back by sharing my secrets and great finds :D. I hope it helps you too :)

Tuesday, 14 May 2013

The secret to fake looking lashes


People have asked me if I wore false eyelashes but my secret is using a combination of these products:

Products I can't live without:
Shiseido Eyelash Curler

Here is why:
It is designed for flat Asian eyes-I have flat Asian eyes and this is the only product that is able to curl every single individual lash. It gives dull lifeless eyes the dolly effect. You'll no longer need to rely on mascara to curl your lashes. 
It is not harsh-It doesn't rip off your lashes like cheap lash curlers do.
It does cost a lot of money for a beauty tool (up to $30) but it is completely worth the investment. I have been using mine for 5 years now and have not had the need to replace the rubber pad.

A Good Waterproof Mascara in Black/Brown
Because the eyelash curler creates most of the look, you'll just need a good mascara to hold the curls. Waterproof mascaras are essential for contact lens wearers like myself.
Using a Black/brown mascara prevents 'panda eyes' using black creates a bolder look but you'll find that it's not essential with such a good eyelash curler. 
Mascara wands:
You don't need to choose any fancy curled mascara wands because your lashes have just been curled with a flat eyelash curler. All you need to do is look for a straight mascara wand.
There are two types of mascara wands that create a visible difference. Choose which one that suits you the most. I had a discussion with a friend about Bristles vs Plastic. We concluded that bristle brushes are great for those with thinner lash hairs (mostly Caucasian) and that plastic is designed for those with thicker lash hairs (mostly Asian). 
1. Bristle
Pros: Buildable and therefore creates dramatic volume
Cons: It clumps easily. For amateurs like myself who don't have the soft touch, you'll find yourself applying too much product. I tend to avoid using bristles.
2. Plastic (my personal favorite)


Pros: Even looking, clump free lashes :) 
Cons: People who use bristle mascara wands find this does not create enough volume. To overcome this problem I would my first coat dry for a minute and apply another coat. 

Lastly with mascaras, you have to choose the right formula (determined by brands). I find that most formulas are the same regardless of price so I have divided these them into hits and misses list:
Hits (all of these are great brands):  
  • CoverGirl
  • Maxfactor
  • Chanel
  • YSL
  • Majolica Majorca
Misses (bad experiences):
  • Rimmel-formula is too runny, takes forever to dry and removes the curls off lashes. 
  • Maybelline-gave me major panda eyes.
  • Revlon-formula is runny and gave me major panda eyes.
  • Lancome-formula is runny and gave me major panda eyes.
Mascara card trick
My last secret is using a business card or plastic card as a shield from mascara stains. This is a well known trick yet not everybody uses it. Besides preventing mascara from getting all over your face instead of your lashes, using the card trick allows you to apply mascara in ALL of your lashes. This means all your individual lashes are curled all day long! :D

Please comment if you have any more tips and tricks as well as good mascaras to recommend :)





2 comments:

  1. Hi Dear,

    How are you? Now i say about the extended lashes. Many girls ask this question. And, indeed, why? Surely, there are native eyelashes and to create expressive look you may always buy a suitable mascara and do a complete makeover. Then i call there you can viste The Lashe. See more strip lashes

    You are welcom
    Rose Daina

    ReplyDelete
  2. really the The Lashe®
    are the best in the Market! I really think girls you should try this company from USA!
    A-m-a-z-i-n-g! LOL

    ReplyDelete